onsdag 15 juli 2009

Hole in.......

.....the head! And two aching feet later and I have officially made up for my golfing deficit.
If you didn't know it, I've only played once since arriving 3 weeks ago and that was a very successful round. How I did?
Glad that you asked. I shot an 82 which is very good since I usually play in the 90-95 stroke region.
Today I started of with 9 holes at the infamous, the classic, yes dare I say, THE LEGENDARY course Penmar. Par is 33 on this little beauty and I shot a 38 which is very good especially since you can't warm up (there is no driving range there).

After that I helped my dad out with some work he had to get done. So I did some pro bono work on my holiday. My spot in heaven is secured, or at least I skipped out of one ring in Dante's inferno.

Before the round we scarfed down some well deserved In & out burgers. I went all out and got the vanilla shake as well. In and out, please, PLEASE franchise in Sweden!!!

Going down Lincoln, high on life, in a good mood after the first 9 holes played, high on fat and sugar we head to Westchester to play another 15 holes.
Before heading out I "prepared" myself and as I was a man literally kicks the door open yelling:
-Hey man, you in here? Are you taking a shit??!!
Caught with my pants down (to what extent we leave out) I sorta baffled look over and a jolly, drunk....American (I can't describe him any other way) looks at me and says: Ah, not you dude. Carry on.

That was about as much fun that Westchester allowed me to have. I was quickly pulled of my high horse hitting the ground face down. Play was slow, I played like sh"t and the I wound up +18 on 15 holes.
What kept me going is the qoute I read the first time I played:
-A bad day at the course is still better than good day at the office.

And even though the last round was so-so, I still get my reward - Margaritas!!
Life is so fair.
Cheers frinds!

(btw, this was supposed to be a short blog, but I guess that's me in a nutshell.)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar